Join Letizia Mattiacci & Heather Carlson for a beautifully curated artisan and culinary adventure in Umbria. We will enjoy the magical atmosphere of the Medieval festival “Mercato delle Gaite” in Bevagna, and explore the arts + crafts of region.
This Umbrian getaway is an intimate insider experience. We will be staying at Agriturismo B&B and Cooking school Alla Madonna del Piatto which is owned & managed by Letizia’s family and located on a magical mountain near medieval Assisi and its world-famous Basilica of Saint Francis.
We will visit the medieval festival in Bevagna and meet and learn from Umbria’s treasured glass, textile & ceramic artisans. Our days will be filled with the beauty of exploring ancient hill towns, olive groves & vineyards.
Each day will be filled with new discoveries and plenty of time for relaxation, friendship & of course enjoying the food and wine of Umbria.
Medieval Market Trip Details
- 5 Days | 4 Nights June 21-25, 2018
- The tour is based at Agriturismo B&B and Cooking school Alla Madonna del Piatto in the hills above Assisi.
- Tour Leaders: Letizia & Heather will share their passion for Umbria and take you to the famous Mercato delle Gaite, and to small artisan workshops, wineries and favorite local restaurants.
- Maximum group size is 8. This small group size guarantees an intimate and personal experience.
- This curated artisan & culinary adventure is for anyone who would like to experience a Medieval Italian Summer Festival, and learn more about the food, wine, arts and culture of Umbria.
Medieval Market Trip Highlights:
- Welcome aperitif on the terrace & overview of our time together
- Guided wine tasting with local cheeses and cured meat
- Private Hands-on gourmet cooking class & lunch at Alla Madonna del Piatto Cooking School
- Visit an authentic Italian Medieval festival, see ancient arts & crafts being made
- Meet local artisans and see their private workshops & handmade works of art (ceramics, textiles, glass)
- Private tours & tastings at small, family owned vineyards
- Private tour of Assisi, a Unesco World Heritage site, and birthplace of St. Francis.
- Time to explore the stunning medieval hill towns of the region
Costs + Conditions:
$1,895 per person (if booked by November 30)
$2,295 per person (after November 30)
**Price based on double occupancy (with ensuite bathroom)
Included in the tour:
- 4 nights B&B accommodation at Agriturismo Alla Madonna del Piatto.
- Fluent English speaking guides.
- Private Umbrian Cooking class with 4-course lunch.
- All meals included. (4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 4 dinners are included and will take place at local restaurants or wineries.)
- All local taxes & gratuities.
- All activities including wine tasting, olive oil tasting, private cooking class & any additional tours.
- Group pickup from a local train station train in an air-conditioned 8 person van.
- All transportation during the 4-night getaway, including your return to the train station.
- Private Facebook Group for registered guests only, to ask questions and connect with each other before & after the trip.
- Personalized travel support from Merry Feast Travels.
- Email support. Once you’ve registered, you might have a million questions. And we will be there every step of the way to help answer those and help you arrive calm & ready to relax and enjoy every moment.
*Airfare & travel expenses to Italy
*Travel Insurance (Highly recommended)
*Transportation to and from meeting points
*Souvenirs & Spending money
*Maximum size of group: 8 people
*Minimum attendance for tour to run: 4 people
*Minimum age to participate: 18 yrs, unless booking entire tour for your personal group.
* Limited Availability Single Occupancy Supplement (email for availability and cost)
*Itinerary subject to change. (If changes need to be made due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, alternate arrangements will be made and will be equally wonderful!)