Join Letizia Mattiacci, Heather Carlson & Barbara D’Agapiti for a beautifully curated artisan and culinary adventure in Umbria. We will enjoy the magical atmosphere of the Medieval festival “Mercato delle Gaite” in Bevagna, and experience the wine, gastronomy, and culture of Umbria.
This gourmet getaway is an intimate insider experience. We will be staying at Agriturismo B&B and Cooking school Alla Madonna del Piatto which is owned & managed by Letizia’s family and located on a magical mountain near medieval Assisi and its world-famous Basilica of Saint Francis.
We will visit the medieval festival in Bevagna and meet and learn from Umbria’s treasured glass, textile & ceramic artisans. Our days will be filled with the beauty of exploring ancient hill towns, olive groves & vineyards.
Each day will be filled with new discoveries and plenty of time for relaxation, friendship & of course enjoying the food and wine of Umbria.
Medieval Market Trip Details
- 6 Days | 5 Nights June 21-26, 2017
- The tour is based at Agriturismo B&B and Cooking school Alla Madonna del Piatto in the hills above Assisi.
- Tour Leaders: Letizia, Heather & Barbara will share their passion for Umbria and take you to the famous Mercato delle Gaite, and to small artisan workshops, wineries and favorite local restaurants.
- Maximum group size is 8. This small group size guarantees an intimate and personal experience.
- This curated artisan & culinary adventure is for anyone who would like to experience a Medieval Italian Summer Festival, and learn more about the food, wine, arts and culture of Umbria.
Medieval Market Trip Highlights:
- Welcome aperitif on the terrace & overview of our time together
- Guided wine tasting with local cheeses and cured meat
- Private Hands-on gourmet cooking class & lunch at Alla Madonna del Piatto Cooking School
- Visit an authentic Italian Medieval festival, see ancient arts & crafts being made
- Meet local artisans and see their private workshops & handmade works of art (ceramics, textiles, glass)
- Private tours & tastings at small, family owned vineyards
- Private tour of Assisi, a Unesco World Heritage site, and birthplace of St. Francis.
- Time to explore the stunning medieval hill towns of the region
Costs + Conditions:
€1,895 per person based on double occupancy (with ensuite bathroom)
Included in the tour:
- 5 nights B&B accommodation at Agriturismo Alla Madonna del Piatto.
- Fluent English speaking guides.
- All meals included. (5 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 5 dinners are included and will take place at local restaurants or wineries.)
- All local taxes & gratuities.
- All activities including wine tasting, olive oil tasting, private cooking class & any additional tours.
- Group pickup from a local train station train in an air-conditioned 8 person van.
- All transportation during the 5-night getaway, including your return to the train station.
- Private Facebook Group for registered guests only, to ask questions and connect with each other before & after the trip.
- Personalized travel support from Merry Feast Travels.
- Email support. Once you’ve registered, you might have a million questions. And we will be there every step of the way to help answer those and help you arrive calm & ready to relax and enjoy every moment.
*Airfare & travel expenses to Italy
*Transportation to and from meeting points
*Souvenirs & Spending money
*Maximum size of group: 8 people
*Minimum attendance for tour to run: 4 people
*Minimum age to participate: 18 yrs, unless booking entire tour for your personal group.
* Limited Availability Single Occupancy Supplement (email for availability and cost)
*Itinerary subject to change. (If changes need to be made due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, alternate arrangements will be made and will be equally wonderful!)
*For currency exchange rates please visit – XE.COM