Medieval Market Gourmet Getaway, June 21-25, 2017
Festivals in Italy are magical & abundant, each with its own history, folklore, food & traditions. We stumbled across several while we were living & traveling through Italy and while they were always wonderful, I often wished we had a friend with us- an insider who knows the history, knows what the must see things are, and what special events are happening.
With all of that in mind, I’m so excited to share our newest Umbrian Tour with you! I’ve been collaborating with my friends Letizia & Barbara (from Alla Madonna del Piatto & Wine Link Italy) this year to create small group culinary adventures in Umbria.
We’ve planned an extra special insider itinerary for YOU during one of the most magical festivals held every year in Bevagna, Umbria.
Mercato delle Gaite.
Oh my word, are you as excited as I am? It’s going to be AMAZING and I can’t wait to share all of my favorite spots in Umbria with you.
When we aren’t strolling through the medieval market, we’ll be meeting some amazing artists in the region, who will share their textile, glass and ceramic artistry with us and giving us a behind the scenes peek inside their workshops.
Our hostess, Letizia will welcome us into her cooking school in the hills above Assisi and share her Umbrian kitchen secrets while we cook together. Afterward, we’ll enjoy our 4-course lunch on the terrace, sipping our wine and pinching ourselves that we are in this beautiful place!
Want to know more? Here are all the details!
Who is invited?
You! We have created this unique culinary adventure with you in mind. Your friends and family who would like to learn more about the food, wine and culture of Umbria are welcome too! Imagine sharing this delicious adventure with your favorite travel partner. Maximum group size is 8. This small group size guarantees an intimate and personal experience.
Where are we staying?
The tour is based at Agriturismo B&B and Cooking school Alla Madonna del Piatto which is owned & managed by our friend Letizia and located on a magical mountain near medieval Assisi and its world-famous Basilica of Saint Francis.
- Welcome aperitif on the terrace & overview of our time together
- Guided wine tasting with local cheeses and cured meat
- Private Hands-on gourmet cooking class & lunch at Alla Madonna del Piatto Cooking School
- Visit an authentic Italian Medieval festival, see ancient arts & crafts being made
- Meet local artisans and see their private workshops & handmade works of art (ceramics, textiles, glass)
- Private tours & tastings at small, family owned vineyards
- Private tour of Assisi, a Unesco World Heritage site, and birthplace of St. Francis
- Time to explore the stunning medieval hill towns of the region
What is included?
- 6 days/5 nights B&B accommodation at Agriturismo Alla Madonna del Piatto.
- Fluent English speaking guides.
- All meals except 1 lunch (5 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 5 dinners are included)
- All meals will be at personally selected favorite local restaurants or wineries.
- All local taxes & gratuities.
- All activities including wine tasting, olive oil tasting, private cooking class & any additional tours.
- Group pickup from a local train station train in an air-conditioned 8 person van.
- All transportation during the 6-day getaway, including your return to the train station.
- Private Facebook Group for registered guests only, to ask questions and connect with each other before & after the trip.
- Personalized travel support from Heather.
- Itinerary ideas & assistance if you plan to explore more of Italy before or after the tour.
- Special photo memento to remember your trip afterward.
- Email support. Once you’ve registered, you might have a million questions. And we will be there every step of the way to help answer those and help you arrive calm & ready to relax and enjoy every moment.
What is not included?
- Airfare & travel expenses to Italy
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Transportation to and from meeting points
- Souvenirs & Spending money
- 1 lunch
Sounds fantastic! How much does it cost?
- Early Bird Price: The price is 1785 euros per person/double occupancy if you book by January 10, 2017
- Book Now & get a gift card perfect for surprising your favorite person (Price goes up after Jan.10.17)
- Everything is taken care of, from the moment you arrive, to the moment you leave. No worries, no stress!
- Single supplement available (limited availability-email for availability and cost)
Good to know:
- Minimum attendance for tour to run: 4 people (max 8 people)
- Minimum age to participate: 18 yrs, unless booking entire tour for your personal group.
- Itinerary subject to change. (If changes need to be made due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, alternate arrangements will be made and will be equally wonderful!)
- For currency exchange rates please visit – XE.COM
- Explore the Mercato delle Gaite Website
How do I sign up or find out more?
I’m headed to Italy next week to meet with Letizia & Barbara. We’ll be putting the finishing touches on this trip while I’m there, and of course doing some research (eating and sipping our way through Umbria- I’m dreaming of truffles…) – follow along on Instagram!