Welcome to A Merry Feast, a Food-Focused Guide to Italian Travel
We believe the best trips are planned around our next meal, and people who travel to eat are kindred spirits.
If this sounds like you, welcome- you’ll feel right at home here!
About Merry Feast
Do you dream of tasting & traveling your way through Italy? We are here to help!
We’ve lived in and traveled Italy for the past decade. One thing that makes us ridiculously happy is sharing all the good stuff. You know, our favorite Italy travel tips & tricks, the favorite restaurants we take our family and friends to, beautiful getaways and delicious experiences we loved & are still dreaming about.
We write about places we’ve explored, food we’ve eaten and people we’ve met. Our goal is to help you have a beautiful and delicious trip and experience the slower side of Italy that we fell in love with while living there.
We’d love to help you plan your trip, take you to Italy with us, or simply provide some wanderlust!
Hey Friend! My name is Heather and I’m the food-obsessed traveler behind A Merry Feast.
A Merry Feast was started in 2012 as a creative outlet to write and share food + travel stories. Shortly after that we moved to Italy and besides being a great way to keep in touch (hi mom!) the blog became therapeutic for me to document our expat life, travels & all of our food adventures.
Today Merry Feast is a space dedicated to sharing delicious resources, recipes & travel guides for curious food-loving travelers who are planning a trip to Italy.
When I’m not busy writing, I’m cooking for my husband and teenagers, exploring the food scene in the Pacific Northwest, taking photos of my dogs and always planning my next trip.
I wish we could chat over a glass of vino, but until then, I’ll say this.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you’ll continue to come back and hang out. And do say hi, I’d love to hear from you!
p.s. Headed to Italy? Tell me where you’re going and how I can help!
- I’m a cheese enthusiast. Haven’t met a cheese I didn’t love, weep, or obsess over.
- I’ve been with my college sweetheart since 1992. We don’t feel as old as we apparently are.
- I’ve lived in Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Tennessee, Colorado, Idaho and Italy.
- Wes Anderson movies are my fave.
- Speaking of movies, popcorn with butter and brewer’s yeast is THE WORLDS BEST movie snack.
- If I could live anywhere in Italy it would be here.
- I’m a leftie and an only child- what does it all mean?
- I started cooking dinner for my parents when I was 9. Long before they became vegan and I could top everything with cheese.
- I adore dogs. My 2 dogs are like children to me, (or maybe boyfriends.) Not sure which, but they cling to me constantly.
- My family laughs at me because I talk to the dogs all the time, tell them where I’m going and leave music on for them when I leave. Don’t laugh, they love jazz….